Chicken Stuffed with Spinach and Feta
- 2.5 ounces of spinach
- ¼ cup of feta cheese
- 1 tea of fresh lemon juice
- ½ tea of thyme
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 6oz chicken breast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup fat- free low sodium chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350
- Heat a large nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add spinach to pan; cook 1 minute or until spinach wilts, tossing constantly. Place spinach in colander; press until barely moist. Wipe pan clean.
- Combine spinach, cheese, thyme, juice and garlic. Pound chicken flat OR cut a horizontal slit through the chicken breast to form a pocket and stuff half the filling into each pocket. If pounding place half mixture and fold chicken, using a toothpick to seal it.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side or until brown. Add broth to the pan, cover pan and place in the over to bake for 15 minutes or until done.